A quick round trip of the south of the South Island with stopovers in Mt Cook, Queenstown, Franz Josef and Christchurch. This tour covers the TranzAlpine train journey through the Southern Alps too!
• Pick up at the airport, transfer to accommodation for check in.
• Rest of the day free and easy at leisure.
• Board onto one of the world’s greats scenic train the TranzAlpine towards the Southern Alps.
• Prepare for some stunning and breathtaking views of the Waimakiriri River Gorge and Apine scenery.
• Brief Stop at Arthur’s Pass Station
• Enter one of New Zealand longest tunnels, the Otira Tunnel.
• Arrive into the small town of Greymouth.
• Join back the coach in Greymouth to Hokitika to Franz Josef Glacier in the early evening.
• Travel South today through coastal forest and sand dunes crossing Haast Pass on New Zealand longest single lane bridge.
• Arrive Queenstown after travelling through Wanaka at the foot of the Southern Alps.
• Free and Easy (Optional tours are available at an additional cost. Contact one of our team consultants for more details.
• Travel through Omarama and head up to the Lindis Pass.
• Explore Mt Cook Village in the afternoon.
• Enjoy the morning at leisure.
• Travel down to Tasman Valley past Glentanner Park and Lakes Pukakiand Tekapo and explore the lakeshore with Church of
the Good Shepherd besides the lake
• Continue to travel towards Fairlie, crossing the Canterbury Plains with numerous scenic views of lakes and mountains.
• Arrive Christchurch.
• This 7 Days Alps and Glaciers tour comes to an end today. Our representatives will meet you at your accommodation and
transfer you to the airport for departure.